Fuel System Service
Your Vehicle’s Fuel System
Excessive spending at the pump is the last thing you want from your fuel system. To extend the life of your vehicle, minimize costly repairs, and increase MPG, we recommend regularly inspecting and servicing your gas or diesel fuel system.
Avoid surprise fuel system failures or repairs with regular fuel system services.
Gas & Diesel Fuel System Service
Our ASE Certified technicians are trained to help you maintain, service, and repair your fuel system to ensure the reliability and safety of your car.
To ensure that your vehicles’ fuel system is in the best possible working condition, our service may include:
- Inspecting the fuel filter for mileage interval replacement
- Inspecting fuel injectors for misfires
- Identifying need for fuel system and throttle body cleaning
- Replacement of engine air filter
- Inspecting PCV valves for residue
- Servicing fuel lines, fuel tanks, hoses, fuel filters, fuel pumps, gauges, and pressure regulators
- Inspecting evaporative system
Importance of Fuel System Service
A correctly operating fuel system is necessary to ensure a safe and dependable vehicle. Even under normal driving habits, dirty fuel can clog fuel injectors and reduce performance. Eventually, this can affect sensors and other engine components. The result can be engine misfires, power-robbing performance and poor gas mileage.
Fuel System Maintenance
To avoid costly repairs and replacements, we recommend having your fuel system cleaned regularly. Fuel injection and or induction services should be performed every 50,000 miles on most vehicles. To ensure your vehicle is running as intended, we recommend you have your fuel system checked immediately if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Smell gas
- Fuel mileage decreasing
- Hesitation or misfire on acceleration
- Vehicle will crank, but won’t start
- Illuminated check engine light
- Failed emissions test