Engine Repair & Maintenace
Engine Repair & Maintenance
Our ASE certified technicians at Friendswood Auto Center are experts at diagnosing and repairing any engine related problems. Failure is the last thing you want from your engine. To extend the life of your vehicle and minimize costly repairs, we recommend regular inspections and maintenance.
Our ASE Certified expert technicians are continually trained to help you maintain, repair, and service your engine to ensure the reliability and safety of your vehicle. To ensure that your vehicles is in the best possible working condition, these services may include:
- Regular oil and oil filter changes
- Periodic fluid exchange services as required (ie. antifreeze/coolant)
- Testing coolant strength, acidity and pH levels
- Inspecting fluid leaks when they occur
- Diagnosing engine noises
- Replacing gaskets, belts, hoses and timing belt at recommended service intervals
- Inspecting engine maintenance and performance items (ie. spark plugs, hoses, boots, cap and rotor etc.)
- Engine diagnostics, exhaust systems, catalytic converter and emission controls
- Sensors and fuel injection systems
Importance Regular Car Maintenance
A correctly operating car engine is necessary to ensure a safe and dependable vehicle. Regular maintenance services will help with the following:
- Prolonging the life of your engine.
- Delivering the best balance of power and fuel economy while producing the lowest level of emissions.
- Restoring your car to its normal operating state, contributing to the overall efficiency of the engine and emissions systems.
- Maintaining a more fuel-efficient vehicle that produces fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
Engine Service & Warning Signs
To avoid costly repairs and replacements, we recommend having your car checked my a trained auto mechanic at least annually with oil change services every 3,000 to 5,000 miles depending on the vehicle and type of oil. To ensure your vehicle is safe and efficient, we do recommend you have your engine checked immediately if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Engine is steaming and/or smoking
- Check engine or other lights are on or flashing
- Poor acceleration
- Excessive gas consumption
- Increased emissions / exhaust
- Unusual noises or odors
- Any fluid leaks (oil, coolant, etc.)
Any one of these symptoms are an indication that something is wrong with your car. To avoid costly repairs, it is recommended to have your car inspected by a trained auto mechanic sooner rather than later.
Major Engine Repair Services
- Head gaskets
- Oil pan gaskets
- Rear main seal replacement
- Timing chain and gears
- Valve adjustments
- Valve cover gaskets
- Complete engine overhaul-replacement